Located in the popular southeast Portland residential neighborhood of Sellwood, this two story building replaces the original school constructed in 1910. To reduce the scale and bulk of the school’s 26,000 square feet, the structure is divided into four pavilions connected by interior hallways. Each two story pavilion houses a particular component of the school: Administration offices, classrooms, media center, and gymnasium. Likewise each pavilion reflects the architecture of the historic St. Agatha Church across the street with steeply pitched roofs, grey walls, and copper trims.

status

Completed

 

client

Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon

 

location

Portland, Oregon

 

budget

$4.2 Million

 

size

27,000 s.f.

 

team

Chris DiLoreto

Marc Betts

Cathy Aulwes

 

 

civil

DiLoreto Associates

 

structural

 

mechanical | electrical

 

acoustics

 

imagery

George King